Welcome to my first ever blog post on my new website. Since this is my first blog in this site, I think it's appropriate to talk about the creation of this site, the main inspiration behind its design and my brief thoughts on web design today.
I started planning this website around Christmas after growing to dislike my old website that I used. The design while showcased all the information needed, but the information was scattered very poorly between three very long pages that you need to scroll through, and the design was too generic. So, I decided to make a new website that not only promoted my new branch title, but also showcased my personality in its design.
I wanted to stay away from the "modern website" look that is very famous between websites made with Wix, Weebly or any other conventional site builders and started researching the wacky world of 2000s web design. Around the start of the millennia, websites were quirky and messy. However, they were also incredibly characteristic and personal with their use of colors, GIFs and images. So I tried to go with a design that mimicked the wacky era of the internet while preserving the clean look of the modern age.
I went with a glossy/transparent page color with vibrant blues. It showcases my lighthearted personality and also my love for anything retro. I have also showcased my love for video-games by adding a screenshot from one of my favorite beach levels from Sonic Adventure to really add to the retro and calming aesthetic of the entire site.
Overall, I am very happy with how the website turned out, and I hope you also enjoyed the aesthetic of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Did you like this post? Do you have any questions? Please leave a comment!